Volunteers are essential in the success of any great event. They are vital in providing a safe, organized and fun race. It will take over 350 volunteers to ensure the safety, accuracy, fun and the highest level of organization necessary to produce the Mustang 50th Half Marathon.
Volunteers are needed to help with Packet Pick-Up, course marshals, distribute water at the Pit Areas, handout finisher's medals and in many other areas that make up the Mustang 50th Half Marathon race weekend. Volunteers must be at least 12 years of age.
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Rachel Hibner at Rachel@VisionEventManagement.com.
COMPANIES AND GROUPS ARE WELCOME
Did somebody say TEAM-BUILDING?! Your organization, group or company can enjoy team-building while supporting our community. Contact us and we will find the right opportunity for your group.
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
When: Friday, April 18: 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM & 3:00 - 8:30 PM.
Job Duties: Be a part of the anticipation and excitement before the big race! Athletes pick up event information, race bibs and merchandise at Packet Pick-Up. Help ready this large event for participants by passing out t-shirts and race information or assisting in greeting people or providing directional assistance throughout the exhibit hall.
When: Saturday, April 19: 5:30 - 11:00 AM.
Job Duties: Are you a person who always has the answers? Then this is the job for you! Help participants with questions and provide directional assistance on Race Day. Inquiring minds want to know and we need you to help us answer them!
When: Saturday, April 19: 5:30 - 11:30 AM
Job Duties: Assist in the collection of runners bags before the race and help runners redeem their bags after the race.
When: Saturday, April 19: 6:30 - 11:00 AM.
Job Duties: Be the first to see the many walkers and runners as they come across the Finish Line. Be a part of the finish celebration! As they finish, we need your help to guide them through the following areas:
- Bottled Water - Hand the participants their much needed bottled water. They will be very appreciative!
- Medals - Reward the thousands of participants by giving them their hard earned medal.
- Food Distribution- Help hand participants a much anticipated post-race snack of items such as banana, apple, bagel and cookies.
When: Saturday, April 19: 5:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Job Duties: The Mustang 50th Half Marathon & 5K doesn't end when participants cross the finish line! It's just when the celebration begins! There's music, merchandise booths and areas for groups to reunite and enjoy the recent accomplishment. We need your help for Post-Race Party in the following areas.
- Results Tent - Who doesn't want to know how they did as soon as they finish? Give racers their unofficial results, post results when they become available and keep the participants moving in and out of the tent.
- Information Tent - Help track participants along the route for their friends or family and offer general information to inquiring minds.
Job Duties: Help prepare the course for the participants. Be a part of the course in one of the following areas:
- Aid Station - Finishers cannot get enough water! Provide water for participants as they continue their rest and recovery.
When: Saturday, April 19: 5:30 - 11:00 AM
Job Duties: Serve as course marshal assisting police officers with vehicular and participant traffic. Everyone will be marked in a safety vest and will direct vehicles to the proper lane at entrances/exits of different subdivisions and shopping centers. Details will be provided at orientation and as volunteers are dropped off at their specific location.
Back of the Pack